The wonderful Grade II* Listed Tower building is situated in the famous historical commercial core of Liverpool that is now a World Heritage Site.
Originally an office building it was converted in 2006 into apartments, with the three lower floors being retained for commercial and retail use.
The white glazed terracotta cladding on the upper facade of the building was used in an attempt to cope with the polluted atmosphere of the city and was produced by the famous pottery-maker Doulton.
The roofs, floors and partition walls are formed of reinforced hollow clay bricks, and the staircases are constructed on steel joists cantilevered out from the walls removing the need for cranked strings.
Overlooking the Tower is the world famous Royal Liver Buildings built in 1910 also designed by architect W. Aubrey Thomas.
On the North side of the Tower is Our Lady and St Nicholas Church (known as the Sailors Church), the church was originally dedicated in 1360 and has been rebuilt many times over the years.
The present day Tower Building is the third Tower to be built on this site since 1252. Take a look at the history page to find out more……